blog of Eurico Sá Fernandes

Narrative Workshop

Prev image / Next
I didn't know what to expect from the Narrative Workshop. We've been told to bring newspapers such as "The Guardian" or "The Times" and I thought that maybe we'd talk about grids or something like that. However the workshop was about the narrative of the images. We started with a group task that was to explore, from the images David gave us, various ways like "crop up of a detail", "crop to abstract", "discreet" or "crop to define" to add new senses to those. Later and this time individually we explored methods of narrative sequences using pictures from the newspapers. After lunch and after me and Mariana enlarged our supplies of newspapers, we started task number three which consisted in cutting out all images, heading and subheadings off the papers and then apply to four different images random titles so we'd give it another meaning /impression. So this was to produce four different narratives which was quite fun to do, but beacuase I don't have a much wide vocabulary I asked Mariana to explain the phrases to me.
I think that this workshop was important to understand the importance and weight of the text and images. With this two we can create a lot of meanings for the same thing. I think this workshop has some relation with the last VCT class when we talked about the meaning of images.       

1 comment:

mina wolf said...

dá-lhe com as tesouras, rapaz!
(acho que era suposto discutirmos nos blogs em termos de design aquilo que fazemos, fail)